Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Seasons


Fall is my favorite time of year and I am really not sure why. Having grown up at Lake Powell, we did not have seasons, just summer or winter (with the occasional spring and few days of fall). When I was 15, we moved to Northern Nevada where for the first time experienced the leaves changing, the air turning brisk and all the scents and sites of this beautiful time of year. Now that I live in the desert again, I once again don't have this season to enjoy. I don't really like Halloween but the idea of making caramel apples, the scent of apple cider and there is nothing better than biting into a nice crisp, juicy apple!!! I love taking a ride to Red Rock Canyon or Mount Charleston to see the leaves turning orange, yellow and brown which are both about half an hour or more drive but it is worth it. My mom is lucky enough to be taking a fall foliage cruise next week and I am hoping she brings me lots of pictures of the trees.

No comments: