Thursday, September 11, 2008

We Will Never Forget


I am like most Americans that remember where I was and what I was doing 7 years ago today. I was getting ready for work when Sharkboy informed me that a plane had hit a building and we needed to call his Poppa to make sure that he was ok. About that time, the 2nd plane hit and from that second until the next day, we did try to call but of course the phone lines were down so we could not get through. My hubby was at work and was calling me to see if I had heard anything from Poppa or Granny but my answer was continually the same, no. He had limited access to information at work so my phone minutes were burned trying to keep him updated on what I could gather from the internet at my work. As the day wore on, so did our worry and I remember picking up Sharkboy from school and him asking if we had talked to Poppa. The hardest thing was telling him no. I don't think I have searched the internet as much as I did that day for any information that I could get from any media. I searched faces in pictures and as lists of missing were posted, I searched them too but found nothing. As the night wore on, we were back and forth between hoping that no news was good news to dispair that no news was bad news.

Fortunately for our family, he had ran into a friend and was able to get to New Jersey as all the bridges, tunnels and ferries were closed to get home and he sent an email saying he was ok. For many, they did not have such news and because of that, WE WILL NEVER FORGET.


1 comment:

Threeundertwo said...

So scary!

Thank you for adding me to your blogroll!