Monday, September 15, 2008

Gremlins

With all the things that have fallen apart in my life lately, I was beginning to think I had a black cloud following me. I know that my faith is being tested so I am trying to concentrate on the good and the things that are right in my life but today I am feeling that I have Gremlins in my house. We got the garage door repaired, a new computer purchased and hooked up that is running great and my wonderful Hubby was even able to get the old one running and hooked to a network so we now have 2 computers to search the net with. Things are starting to look up!!! My dryer was still not repaired and that was something that we were working on this week and this is where it gets a little strange. What happened was that I was doing another load of the never ending laundry (which is a whole nother subject because I swear it multiples at night) and it was taking forever to dry. I finally realized that the dryer was not heating up. Luckily, Granny is just around the corner so I have been doing the laundry at home and drying it down there for the past couple of weeks. It hasn't been to bad or inconvenient because her house feels like home to me anyway and it forces me to put all the laundry away instead of leaving the socks to fold themselves. I washed clothes yesterday and I never dry my jeans so I put them over the shower to dry last night but they were still a little damp this morning. I put them in the dryer because it still turns, and blows air, it just doesn't get warm. After about 20 minutes in there, I decided that they would be good enough to rush out the door to work. Well, to my surprise when I opened the dryer door, my pants were warm. Now I haven't used my dryer in 2 weeks so maybe it needed a rest but I think the Gremlins have been playing with me, just to drive me nuttier that I already am.



I am going to test it again tonight just to make sure I am not crazy and hopefully it will continue to work until Hubby can work his magic on it to repair it for good. It was nice to start my Monday with some good news rather than the bad that has been happening lately.

1 comment:

Dena said...

Here's a helpful hint about your dryer I learned from a friend. Stick something like a toilet bowl brush (if it will fit) or tape sticky side out wrapped around the end of a yard stick or ruler down in the lint trap. Sometimes if the dryer stops heating up it's something stuck in the lint trap like a blob of lint or a dryer sheet that got sucked in.
Hope that helps - I've pulled some icky stuff out of the lint trap a couple of times!