Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Faith

The definition of faith according to Merriam Webster is the following:
Pronunciation:
\ˈfāth\
Function:
noun
Inflected Form(s):
plural faiths \ˈfāths, sometimes ˈfāthz\
Etymology:
Middle English feith, from Anglo-French feid, fei, from Latin fides; akin to Latin fidere to trust — more at bide
Date:
13th century
1 a: allegiance to duty or a person : loyalty b (1): fidelity to one's promises (2): sincerity of intentions2 a (1): belief and trust in and loyalty to God (2): belief in the traditional doctrines of a religion b (1): firm belief in something for which there is no proof (2): complete trust3: something that is believed especially with strong conviction ; especially : a system of religious beliefs

I have been taught from a very early age to walk by faith not by sight. Sometimes this is easier said than done and at times I have done that more than others. Sometimes it is just easier to just try and do things how I think they should be done rather than to have faith that things will work out. I have been studying and this is a reoccuring factor that keeps showing up so lately I have relied on faith for things to work out and to my surprise (which it shouldn't surprise me), this has happened. Maybe not as quickly as I would like or resulting as I would like but they always work out. In this tough time that the country is facing, I am having faith that things will once again come into check and that things will work out for everyone.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

One of my favorite sayings is "Progress, not perfection. Action, not avoidance. Faith, not fear." I'm still working on the faith part...

You've been tagged, check out my blog!