Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Looking Back at 2008

As 2008 is getting close to ending, I thought I would do a recap of the year in our lives. 2008 started by me dealing with the 1 year anniversary of losing my dad. It was a sad month for me but I did survive with a lot of tears. Lexi played winter soccer and it was cold. We spent many nights at practice and games wondering who's idea it was to let her play in the winter.



As Winter ended and turned to spring, it started with the Granny moving here for good and what a blessing she has been to us. The boys played football and Lexi moved to Spring soccer and ended up with a concussion so she was out for several weeks. I heard from an old friend from high school that I have missed so much and was glad to hear from him. During this time as the weather was warming up, we suffered another loss, my Grandmother. My mom, Lexi and I made the trek to Idaho (14 hours) for the funeral and got a surprise of snow. We woke up to white stuff all over the place and it continued to snow up until the time of the funeral. We had a wonderful trip and got to see family that we hadn't seen in many years and met some new additions as well. We got home from Idaho and 10 days later, we loaded up everyone (except my sister in law who decided to fly) in Grannys new van and drove to Montana (15 hours with 4 adults and 4 kids) for my brother in laws wedding. We had a great time and saw some pretty country. We went thru Yellowstone and it was covered in snow but was so pretty. We got to see all kinds of wildlife including buffalo.



Before we left, my husband had hurt his foot but would not go to the doctor. He knew it was broke but did not want to be in a cast driving that far so he toughed it out. On the morning that we were leaving to come home, he stepped wrong on it and hurt it even worse. By the time we got home that night, it was so swollen and bruised. He went to the emergency room the next day and it was broke in 4 places. He spent weeks in a bionic leg (a fancy cast) and has now healed up nicely.



The boys finished a season of football and Lexi had finished a rough season of soccer and decided to move to another team which she loves and is doing well. We had another anniversary to remember, losing Papa N. 2 years ago. We spent the summer in the pool getting tan and then school started with Frank in 7th grade, Lexi in 5th and Tyler in 3rd. The fall saw another season of football and soccer so our lives were pretty much busy running kids from practice to practice.



As we finish up 2008, we are greatful that we have all of our family here with us and that we are all healthy. We will be celebrating Christmas with everyone at my moms house.

No comments: