Sunday, December 28, 2008

The 2nd Day After Christmas



So the 2nd day after Christmas brought a trip to the emergency room with a leg broke in 2 places. The day started out great with the kids playing and while I was in the shower, they decided to go outside to play with Tylers new ripstick. Tyler comes running in that my 4th child (Franks best friend) has fallen and is hurt. I through on some clothes and started to go outside when I hear him crying in pain. He was laying in the middle of the street and saying his leg was broken. We got him up and out of the street and carried him into the house. There was a lump on his leg so we put ice on it and then I made the decision to call his mom. She sent his dad to pick him up because he was closer than her and 4 hours later, after a trip to the emergency room, he has a fracture in 2 places in his right leg. I feel so horrible!!! He has a temporary cast on it today and will be seeing the orthopedic to get a permanent cast this week. Luckily it will not require surgery, just a cast for 8 weeks. (not that having a cast for 8 weeks is good but better than the alternative).

We have spoken to him and his parents and he is doing well, just cranky because he cannot go outside and because the boys plans for the weekend got messed up. Crazy boys!!!

3 comments:

Dena said...

I could swear I commented already.......in any case...OUCH! Poor kid. What a way to celebrate!


BTW, I tagged you on my blog...TAG you're it! ;)

Steve Thomason said...

ouch!

Brenda, it was good to hear from you. I can't believe how big your kids are!!!

mamademuchos said...

What a bummer. Nice X-ray.