Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Bah Humbug

So with 8 shopping days left, I cannot get into the Christmas spirit. I have not bought 1 gift as of yet. I have my tree up but it has not decorations on it because 15 minutes after we put it up, the cat climbed it so because of my bah humbug spirit, I just left it plain. There are no presents to put under it either. I don't know what to do..... It is not fair to my kids, this is supposed to be a fun time with shaking presents and trying to figure out what is inside the pretty wrapped boxes but I cannot find it in me to even decorate the tree.

My mom is coming in this weekend to take the kids to do their shopping as is her tradition. She started this when Sharkboy was 2 and took him to the dollar store. She has continued this every year since but now they do some at the dollar store and then some at other places too. It is my favorite part of Christmas because there is always a story or good thought of why they get the gifts they do and sometimes you have to really think about them or they are so excited to give it to you, they explain why they chose the trinket that they did. Hopefully having to help them wrap those things will help get my spirit jump started.

2 comments:

Dena said...

I am completely with you on this, except the no gifts thing - I'm done shopping for the kids - did that in November just no one else! I just cannot find the Christmas spirit this year. It seems a lot of us seem to be that way, you, me, Ginny, my mom, Casey, etc.
James asked me tonight of I wanted him to buy stamps for Christmas cards...oh yah...Christmas cards...*sigh*.

Maybe it'll show up next week when I go to mom's for cookie making day.

Unknown said...

You can't possibly still be saying "Bah Humbug!" with the snow falling beautifully all around! :)