Wednesday, October 15, 2008

2nd Tag

The 2nd tag I received was for the 6th picture in the 6th folder. How fitting is it that the week that I have been missing him more than ever, this would come up. This was 4 months after he died that we took his ashes to bury him with my oldest brother. My dad hated funerals so we did not have one, just a family bbq when he first died and then we did a graveside service when we could get back to Moab. It was a beautiful, clear day and our service was very short so I think he would approve it. We had a new headstone made for him, Bruce and mom (which we will put her there when she goes but hopefully that is a very long time from now!). There is a picture of a quail next to his name because while he lived in Pahrump, he fed the quails every day. He probably spent $500 on bird food but he loved getting up each day and talking to his critters. I don't know why this week has been so hard for me, maybe because it is getting close to our birthdays.






No comments: