Monday, November 24, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad


I don't even know where to start with this but I need to recognize today and tomorrow as they have great impact on my life. My father and father in laws birthdays are only 1 day apart and we lost them 6 months apart. Without these 2 amazing men, I would not be who I am or have the beautiful family that I do.


Sharkboy is the exact replica of my father in law. Since the day he was born, he had the most beautiful eyes and they are definately his Papa N's. Everyone thought that he has my eyes because I have light eyes but after seeing pictures of Dad N. as a kid, there is no doubt who Sharkboy looks like. At Papa's wake, we did a collage of pictures and there was one when he was 15 or 16. Everyone thought we had taken a picture of Sharkboy and put it up there. They were amazed when they found out that it was actually Papa N many years ago. He also has much of his personality that will take him far in life and he loves to argue which is again, his grandfather through and through.


Monkeyboy (or crash and burn as my dad called him) is my so much like my father. They are built alike, have many of the same attributes and the same strange sense of humor. He loves collecting rocks and I continually find them in the house but if he sees me trying to get rid of them, he has a fit because it is always special for some reason or another. My dad was happy to wander around looking for unique rocks. Monkey still has the first rock that my dad gave him.


Soccerqueen is a perfect blend of both. She got the adventurous side from both of them, especially when it comes to eating. Neither of them were afraid to try new creations and she is the same way. She loves butter which comes from her Papa N. She loves life for what it is and is willing to work hard to get what she wants which is from both of them.


We are lucky to have had them in our lives for the time that we did and miss them both very much every day.

No comments: